What is an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)?
An EAP is a service provided by a company to its employees that identifies and resolves their day-to-day concerns. These may be related to finances, health, stress, family problems, addictions, work or any other type of challenges that an employee faces. A person or department within the company may manage the EAP, or it may be outsourced to a professional company that offers this service.
Nowadays, more and more employers are implementing EAPs in order to boost morale, ensure optimum productivity, lower the organisation’s staff turnover and medical costs and decrease workplace absenteeism by helping staff to live healthy and fulfilled lives.
In turn, staff (and usually their household members) who use the EAP to help manage issues affecting their personal and working lives feel supported by their company, and are more likely to remain loyal to the organisation. Even those who do not make use of the programme will rest assured knowing that they have the necessary resources at hand, thanks to their employer, should they ever need them.
What services can my company expect from an EAP?
Katannuta Wellness will tailor-make an EAP for your company, based on your unique corporate wellness needs, together with the number of employees working for your company and their locations (many companies have both on-site and off-site staff). Whether you are looking for a comprehensive, intergrated EAP or simply for employee access to a 24-hour help-line, Katannuta is here to help you.
Our basic EAP offering to corporate companies consists of the following services:
- A 24 hour, 7 day a week help-line with a dedicated toll-free number;
- A dedicated SMS help-line for "Please call me messages" for off-site employees that do not have access to a land-line;
- Trauma-debriefing sessions for both individuals and groups;
- A total of 6 face-to-face counselling sessions per employee, per issue, per year;
- Two complementary therapy sessions per employee, per year (click here for our list of complementary therapies);
- One group wellness session per company, per month (click here for our list of group wellness therapies);
- One complementary, introductory wellness day;
- Life skills programme which includes telephonic counselling and group sessions;
- Access to NCR registed debt counsellors;
- A monthly informational corporate wellness newsletter;
- A quarterly, confidential, EAP useage report. This report provides statistical information regarding the number of employees using the EAP and serves to highlight critical areas of concern within your organisation.
In addition to the above listed services, Katannuta Wellness can offer a variety of optional extras which can be added to any EAP at a preferential rate, based on the number of company employees. These include, but are not limited to:
- Personal training, ideal for employees wishing to improve on their physical health and fitness;
- Nutritional advice from our registered nutritionist to assist employees wanting to improve their eating habits;
- HIV/AIDS disease management programme. This includes patient management and HIV/AIDS education and awareness workshops.
- On-site massages comprising short (5 - 15 minute) back, neck and shoulder massages, ideal for alleviating muscular workplace tension. These are undertaken on-site at your companies offices.
Please note that these services are not offered individually, but may be incorporated into your EAP package or added on at a later stage. For assistance in tailoring an EAP for your company, please do not hesitate to contact us.